Advocacy & Policy
NCPERS is leading the charge in Washington, DC and in the states on a number of significant issues affecting our public fund members. Please read the issues and click on the links below to learn more about NCPERS Advocacy and policy activities.
NCPERS LEGISLATIVE ISSUES BOOK
- 2018 Legislative Issues Book
- 2017 Legislative Issues Book
- 2016 Legislative Issues Book
- 2015 Legislative Issues Book
- 2014 Legislative Issues Book
- 2013 Legislative Issues Book
NCPERS LETTERS TO THE LEGISLATURE
February 26, 2018
NCPERS is opposing H.R. 4015, the “Corporate Governance Reform and Transparency Act of 2017”. This legislation would undercut public pensions ability to receive independent, unbiased corporate governance research and undermine their ability to effectively exercise their fiduciary responsibilities. Please read the NCPERS letters to Congressional leaders below to learn more about this important issue.
November 13, 2017
NCPERS urges our members to email and/or call your state congressional delegation to express your concerns and ask them to oppose AND not include the unrelated business income tax (UBIT) in Sec. 5001 of H.R. 1, the House passed version of the tax bill, in the final compromise bill. Time is of the essence as conferees are expected to report out a compromise bill this week. Please use the model letter for your emails to your delegation or as talking points when you call them.
- NCPERS Comment to CMS, February 12, 2018
- NCPERS Testimony On Intro 692-A, A Bill To Address NYC's Retirement Crisis, June 23, 2015
- NCPERS Testimony Expressing Concern With Pension Changes Proposed In PA Senate Bill 1, June 4, 2015
- NCPERS Maryland Testimony on Maryland's Retirement Savings Legislation, February 24, 2015