Call for Speakers/Proposals
NCPERS is dedicated to providing quality educational programming for public pension professionals and our members are an important partner in this mission. With the expertise of our selected speakers, we are able to deliver essential pension information to our fund members and service providers.
By hosting an educational session, you’ll have an opportunity to not only share your expertise with session attendees, but show your commitment to educating public sector pension trustees.
CURRENT OPEN CALLS
2018 Public Safety Conference - Submission Deadline June 11
- NCPERS conference attendees are trustees, staff and other stakeholders of public pension plans. Also, in attendance are the various service providers such as asset managers, custodial banks, investment consultants, lawyers and actuaries.
- Presentations are typically 30, 45, or 60 minutes in length depending on the subject matter, number of presenters and type of session.
- Each conference has a limited number of available presentation slots, therefore, the NCPERS education committee will occasionally pair speakers with similar subject matters in one session.
GENERAL SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Speaking at all NCPERS conferences is reserved for NCPERS members only. Your membership dues must be current for 2018 to be considered.
2. TITLE OF PRESENTATION
Your title should capture the topic/subject area that will be covered
3. BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF PRESENTATION
Your description should, in 300 words or less, build on your title, focus on what the audience will take-away (learning objectives) and be as concise as possible. NOTE: PowerPoints, white papers or articles are not acceptable submissions for your description.
4. CONTACT INFORMATION
Your proposed session will be evaluated on the topic presented as well as the proposed speaker. Please include contact information for your speaker and anyone who should be contacted regarding your proposal. Email addresses required.
Topics being considered include, but are not limited to:
- Economic Outlook
- Preserving Public Safety Pensions
- Reducing and Managing Stress For Public Safety Personnel
- Investment Opportunities for Public Safety Pensions
- Sustainability of DROP Plans
- Federal Regulations Impacting Public Safety Personnel and Pensions
- Response to GASB’s Proposed Accounting Rules
- Health Care Reform Impacting Public Safety
- Evaluating Disability Claims
- Actuarial Assumptions Unique to Public Safety Pensions
All proposals are reviewed by the NCPERS education committee. Selections will be based on objective criteria, including:
- Educational value of proposed program
- Originality of proposed program
- Relevance of topic
- Overall quality of submission
- Past review/evaluation of proposed speaker (if applicable) and;
- Membership and active participation in NCPERS (CorPERS members will receive prefered consideration).
If your proposal is accepted, NCPERS expects speakers to adhere to the following:
- Commit to presenting
- Register and pay registration fee for conference
- Meet all deadlines outlined
- If co-presenting with another speaker, work together to coordinate your presentations to ensure cohesiveness
- Share your presence at the conference with your social networks (i.e. Twitter and Facebook).