Call for Speakers/Proposals
NCPERS is dedicated to providing quality educational programming for public pension professionals and our members are an important partner in this mission. With the expertise of our selected speakers, we are able to deliver essential pension information to our fund members and service providers.
By hosting an educational session, you’ll have an opportunity to not only share your expertise with session attendees, but show your commitment to educating public sector pension trustees.
CURRENT OPEN CALLS
2018 Legislative Conference - Submission Deadline November 20
2018 Annual Conference & Exhibtion - Submission Deadline December 1
GENERAL SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Speaking at all NCPERS conferences is reserved for NCPERS members only. Your membership dues must be current for 2017 to be considered.
2. TITLE OF PRESENTATION
Your title should capture, in 10 words or less, the topic/subject area that will be covered
3. BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF PRESENTATION
Your description should, in 300 words or less, build on your title, focus on what the audience will take-away (learning objectives) and be as concise as possible. NOTE: PowerPoints, white papers or articles are not acceptable submissions for your description.
4. CONTACT INFORMATION
Your proposed session will be evaluated on the topic presented as well as the proposed speaker. Please include contact information for your speaker and anyone else who should be contacted regarding your proposal. Email addresses required.
5. SKILL LEVEL
Please indicate the knowledge level of the audience this session is intended to address:
BASIC – For individuals with limited or no prior knowledge or experience of the subject area. New to the pension industry or seeking to learn the fundamentals.
INTERMEDIATE – For individuals who have some knowledge or experience of the subject. Individuals seeking to build on, apply or enhance knowledge in subject area.
ADVANCED – For individuals with greatly developed knowledge and experience in the subject area seeking the most up- to-date knowledge.
GENERAL – For subject areas applicable to all skill levels.
Topics being considered include, but are not limited to:
- Challenges, Trends and Future Directions for Public Pension Funds
- Investments/Financial Principles
- Actuarial Principles
- Legislative/Regulatory Developments
- Legal Environment
- Corporate Governance
- Ethics/ Fiduciary Responsibilities
- Healthcare and Retirement
- Administrative Efficiency/Technology
- Best Practices
- Professional Development
Proposals will be reviewed by the NCPERS education committee. Selections will be based on objective criteria, including:
- Educational value of proposed program
- Originality of proposed program
- Relevance of topic
- Overall quality of submission and;
- Membership and active participation in NCPERS.
If your proposal is accepted, NCPERS expects speakers to adhere to the following:
- Commit to presenting
- Register and pay registration fee for conference
- Meet all deadlines outlined
- If co-presenting with another speaker, work together to coordinate your presentations to ensure cohesiveness
- Share your presence at the conference with your social networks (i.e. Twitter and Facebook).