NCPERS Charitable Foundation
The National Conference on Public Employee Retirement Systems Charitable Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable arm of NCPERS. NCPERS Charitable Foundation was established in 2008 to help in the rebuilding of New Orleans--the host city to our Annual Conference (ACE) that year--from the damage Hurricane Katrina caused in 2005. NCPERS launched a successful fundraising program that to date has raised more than $278,000 to help students and our public schools.
NCPERS continues its tradition of charitable work by raising funds for worthy organizations in the host city of our Annual Conference and Exhibition (ACE). Click on the link below to get information about contributing, getting involved, or for more information on the current charitable activity.
Past NCPERS Charitable Foundation Activities:
- 2016: The Cesar Chavez Service Clubs received $23,000.
- 2015: Tipitina's Foundation received $31,000.
- 2013: In lieu of a charitable endeavour, the NCPERS Charitable Foundation funded a scholarship program for fund members interested in attending the 2013 Annual Conference and Exhibition (ACE).
- 2012: Albert Shanker College Scholarship Fund of the United Federation of Teachers received $43,382.75.
- 2011: United Teachers of Dade’s (UTD’s) Teaching Excellence Foundation, Inc received $25,470.
- 2010: The Public Education Foundation received $39,585.
- 2009: Los Angeles Community College District Foundation received $28,223.86.
- 2008: New Orleans Public School System received $86,977.24.