NCPERS has been leading the charge on a number of significant issues for the benefit of public fund members, including spearheading efforts to implement the Healthcare Enhancement for Public Safety (HELPS) Retirees legislation that was enacted in 2006. HELPS Retirees allows retired public safety employees to use up to $3000 from their defined benefit or other qualified retirement plan to pay for the cost of healthcare or long-term care premiums on a tax free basis.
Please click on the links below to learn more about NCPERS government affairs efforts.
- NCPERS Testimony On Intro 692-A, A Bill To Address NYC's Retirement Crisis, June 23, 2015
- NCPERS Testimony Expressing Concern With Pension Changes Proposed In PA Senate Bill 1, June 4, 2015
- NCPERS Maryland Testimony on Maryland's Retirement Savings Legislation, February 24, 2015
NCPERS LEGISLATIVE ISSUES BOOK
- 2017 Legislative Issues Book
- 2016 Legislative Issues Book
- 2015 Legislative Issues Book
- 2014 Legislative Issues Book
- 2013 Legislative Issues Book