NCPERS FALL Conference Virtual Guide
NCPERS is excited to host our new unconventional convention, NCPERS Financial, Actuarial, Legislative & Legal (FALL) Conference, on September 29-30, 2020. While we have all adapted to virtual conversations over Zoom in the last six months, a convention is a different & exciting experience! While we are excited to bring this new convention into your homes, we are sure you have questions!
NCPERS FALL Conference Virtual Guide
How will I log in to the conference?
You will receive an email from NCPERS with your login instructions. Once you've logged in to the virtual platform using your email address, you will be directed to the Lobby, the main landing page for #NCPERSFALL20.
What can I expect at a virtual conference?
While we can't be in-person for this conference, we can still replicate the conference experience! In the Lobby of the platform, you will be able to explore these virtual areas:
- Keynotes- This is where you will find the opening & closing keynote presentations, live & on-demand (post-conference). Click individual sessions to view the session summary, learning objectives, download the PowerPoint (if applicable) & access the speaker biographies.
- Breakout Sessions- This is where you will find the breakout sessions, live & on-demand (post-conference). Click individual sessions to view the session summary, learning objectives, download the PowerPoint (if applicable) and access the speaker biographies.
- Exhibit Hall- The Exhibit Hall banner is where you will find our #NCPERSFALL20 exhibitors. By clicking on each exhibitors' profile, you will find information on their products & services.
- Sponsors- Please join us in thanking our sponsors for their support by visiting their profiles.
- Meet the NCPERS Corporate Pension Education and Research Supporters (CorPERS) Members- Please join us in thanking our CorPERS members for their support by visiting their profiles.
- 2020 Accredited Fiduciaries- 2020 has been an unusual year, but despite the challenges these dedicated trustees rolled up their sleeves & completed the NCPERS Accredited Fiduciary (NAF) Program earning them the coveted Accredited Fiduciary (AF) designation. Please join us in congratulating them on their professional & educational efforts!
- Social Media Corner- Share your thoughts with us & others in the pension industry on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Share photos of your virtual conference set up, thoughts and ideas about speakers and topics, & more! Don't forget to use the conference hashtag across all channels- #NCPERSFALL20, & to tag NCPERS so we can feature you on our channels!
- Help Desk- Having issues in the platform? Visit our help desk to review our Frequently Asked Questions or contact someone for assistance.
Will I be able to view sessions on-demand?
Yes! You will be able to view the sessions on-demand in the same portal, until December 1, 2020. This allows for 21 continuing education credits for the price of 9!
Will there be exhibitors?
Yes! To check out our exhibitors, click the Exhibit Hall link & you will see the exhibitor list. When you click ‘View Exhibitors', you will be taken directly to the individual exhibitor page, where you can learn more about the companies while finding the answers to our trivia hunt. You will also be able to directly message the exhibitors.
How does the exhibitor trivia hunt work?
The trivia hunt will consist of questions from each exhibitor; you can find the answer at each exhibitor's booth.
What will I win & how will I find out if I won?
Each attendee that submits answers from the trivia hunt is eligible for 3 cash prizes from NCPERS! Hank Kim will announce the winners at the Closing Keynote on Wednesday. Please keep in mind- some exhibitors will host their own raffles, so don't forget to visit the Exhibit Hall!
Will I be able to network with other attendees?
Yes! Don't let the virtual aspect deter you from networking with your colleagues or clients! You can chat with your peers during the sessions in the Chat Box & engage & connect with other conference attendees.
Will I be able to ask questions of the speakers?
Yes! You will be able to submit questions in the Q & A portal. Each session will be moderated by NCPERS staff or partner, & the speaker will answer your questions live.
If you have any further questions about FALL, please reach out to us at 202-601-2445. We look forward to seeing you all at FALL!