Annual Conference & Exhibition Archives
Click the links below to view program information from previous Annual Conferences.
2023: The 2023 Annual Conference and Exhibition was held in New Orleans, LA, May 21–24.
2023 Presentation Slides
2022: The 2022 Annual Conference and Exhibition was held in Washington, DC, May 22–25.
2022 Presentation Slides
2019: The 2019 Annual Conference and Exhibition was held in Austin, Texas May 19 - 22.
2019 Presentation Slides
- Five-Year Outlook: Strategic Themes & Tactical Opportunities
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Made Easy
- Understanding Your Board’s Effectiveness and Where Improvements Will Help
- Why and How to Invest in Real Estate
- Adverse Scenarios and Pension Plan Health
- Why Private Equity Secondaries Make Sense for Public Pension Plans
- Why Costs Matter
- Investing Beyond Borders & Tax Recovery: Are You Leaving Money on the Table?
- Investing in a Low Growth World
- Core Fixed Income with an Impact
- Demographics and Real Estate – Redefining Core Strategies to Stay Ahead of the Curve
- It’s Much More Than Money
- Informed Opportunities with Multi-Asset Strategies
- Corporate Disclosure in the Age of Twitter – Is this a positive step forward?
- How a Medicare Marketplace Can Help Future-Proof Retiree Health Care Benefits
- Social Security and Retirement Planning App
- The Case for New Pension Accounting Standards
- ESG Integration: Expanding the Toolkit for Investment Research and Portfolio Management
- A Guide to Alternatives
- Use of Private Market Investments in Portfolios: Opportunities and Risks
- Pension Valuation Forecasts
- How U.S. Public Pension Investors Can Harness China’s Fast-Growing “New Economy.”
- Public Retirement Systems and Capital Market Developments
- Combatting Elder Financial Exploitation
2019 Conference Videos
2018: The 2018 Annual Conference and Exhibition was held in New York, New York May 13 - 16.
2018 Presentation Slides
- Managing Costs and Optimizing Performance
- Actuarial Hot Spots in 2018
- Key Issues Impacting Real Estate Investing Strategies
- ESG Investing: Buzzwords or Better Investing?
- Dual-Approaches to Improving Portfolio Outcomes
- Harnessing the Future in Emerging Markets
- Tax Recovery: Are You Leaving Money on the Table?
- The Rise of Corporate Governance Cases to Effect Social Change
- Advancing Secure Savings and Investment for Pension Funds through Innovation
- Public Plan Funding Standards
- You’ve had a Cyber Breach…What’s Next?
- Meaningful Retiree Healthcare Benefit Strategies for the Public Sector
- The Case for International Smaller-Cap Equities
- How to Protect YOU in Today’s Data Breach World
- ESG Investing and Fiduciary Duty
- Plan Sustainability versus Plan Solvency
- The Deadly Dance of Drugs & Deception: Insights from National Litigation Leadership
- Secure Choice: What Is the Current State of Small Business Retirement Savings?
- Change for the Greater Good: Why Change is in the Best Interest of Your Members
- Negative Net Cash Flow: Red Flag or Red Herring?
- Finding Value in the High Yield Bond Market
- Disruptive Trends in Emerging Markets Private Equity
- Mining for Gems – What are Secondaries and How Do They Add Value?
- Can I Successfully Reduce My Equity Risk Without Reducing Long-Term Return Potential?
- Global Economic and Market Update: Can Strong Run Continue or is This as Good as it Gets
- Can Absolute Return Strategies Protect Against a Comeback in Volatility?
2018 Conference Videos